BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Why DCC? Why Now?

Hello! I am the other half of this crazy duo on quest of a dream larger than life!

How Does One Decide They Must Become a DCC You Ask??

I had a start similar to Raquel that began my dream/obsession of becoming one of America's Sweethearts. I fell in love with the Dallas Cowboys team at a very young age because they were my Dad's team...needless to say, as a Daddy's girl, what he loved, I too loved. During the Superbowl (1993 against Buffalo...a win for Dallas), I caught a glimpse of the cheerleaders on TV and it was a done deal. I was asking my Dad and Uncle endless questions about them and boldly stated at the ripe age of 6 years old that one day that would be me. And the dream starts...

My dream of DCC was never one that had any real chance of coming true in my mind, but it didn't stop me from thinking of it often. In my college years I seriously considered trying out and even had the tryout dates and information looked up. After remembering that I was indeed not 5'8" with legs for days, I quickly talked my self out of it and put the dream back on the shelf, this time I thought forever...I was not getting any younger, I have never been a real dancer, and I needed to become a grown up with a real job.

So, off to San Marcos Texas for a great job and opportunity that allowed me to work close to my hometown, and with a fellow Aggie whom I had heard great things about. (Weirdly enough, we had met previously in our undergraduate days at A&M but wouldn't realize it for several months into our relationship:))

First day on the job, as Raquel told you, I heard her talking to me but couldn't listen as I was mesmerized by the team photo of the 2008-2009 DCC squad photo on her computer...could it be...someone else with this dream...I dared to ask. As I had hoped, Raquel spit out the words I had been saying to myself since I was 6 years old. Off the shelf the dream came...you only live once I thought, why wouldn't we tryout, even if we fail, at least we tried!

Trying Out is Harder Than it Sounds...

So, we both knew with a partner it would be easier to tryout...the buddy system almost never fails...unless the two people in the buddy system are practically the same person... Raquel and I are very intense people with a need to succeed, and not only succeed, but be THE BEST. As tryouts for the 2009 squad approached, we weren't getting ready for tryouts but instead had created a new fitness format (appropriately named DCC) and started from the ground up, our new fitness company, FitTx Fitness, to "channel" our DCC dream into something we would certainly be successful at. While they have both been very successful and we are extremely proud of the results, at the end of the day, it has all been a cop-out. We are terrified to fail, it's not a characteristic we are proud of, but in a recent Ah-Ha moment we have found it is true.


You only Live Once...Did You Give It Your All?

Here we sit, 54 days out from one of the biggest days of our lives. We've never wanted something more, yet we haven't given it our true "all". Like Raquel said...we aren't in the splits...we look darn awkward when we attempt to dance...our kicks are no where near our nose...but in 54 days ready or not we will be in tiny little outfits, giving it our best shot.

I am still terrified to fail, and let's face it, probably will, but I am so excited to finally be doing it. Even if they laugh at me and put me on the loser reel, when I am 60 years old I will be able to say I tried instead of, wish I would have...

So far this process has brought me a life long friend and so much laughter, I wonder why I don't have a six pack yet. I have been "put in my place" and humbled more than you could know and even if it results in failure I am coming out a better person.


Well I believe that should catch you up on where we stand.

Stay tuned...the next 54 days are gonna be a good time...

0 comments: