BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, April 16, 2010

How Bad Do You Want It?

How bad do we want it? Hard to tell. Yesterday was a pretty pivotal day, however it went unnoticed by us. Yesterday was April 15th. Most of you know that as tax day, but we know it as 1 month 'til tryouts. Are we in the splits? No. Are we rock star dancers? Nope. Are our kicks up to our nose? Not even close. All things considered we're doing pretty well. Bring on the tryouts! But seriously, there is no excuse for not finding a way to fit in our dancing, stretching, and kicking. It's time to bring back our reality check with a little poem we call How Bad Do You Want It? We stole it offline and adapted to fit us. Here it is:

HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT?

When I think of quitting I will think of who will be standing next to me during tryouts. Will I be able to say I worked harder than her?

When I stand on stage will I be able to say that I pushed myself harder, that I kept going when I felt like stopping, and that I gave that extra effort when I felt like collapsing?

It’s that last burst of commitment that separates those who make the team and those who don’t.

I will train when others go out with their friends.
I will train when others are eating at their favorite restaurant.
I will train when others are taking an off day.
I will train when others are hanging out with their significant others.
I will train when others are sleeping.

Every moment is a chance to improve,
Every minute spent stretching and dancing,
Each set, each rep,
Every bite of food.

Each and everything I do has a purpose.
The food nourishes my body.
Dancing invigorates my spirit.
Stretching gets me one inch closer.

NEVER STOP. NEVER SAY WON’T.
Failure is not an option.

DALLAS COWBOYS CHEERLEADERS!!!

1 comments:

Tricia said...

With an attitude like that, yall are sure to rock those try outs!